Monday, April 2, 2012

timeless.

There are times when I forget I'm only sixteen years old. Sixteen and ten months to be exact, is still the young age of sixteen. At times I feel so little. Yet, I feel as though I ought to be at least twenty by now. I mean seriously, this life is hard and I've definitely grown at least 6 years since we moved here. But if we're going to be technical it has only been one year and nine months, not six years. I am still a junior in high school, not yet seventeen. How is it that i feel twelve years old one minute and, give or take nearly ten years older the next? Maybe that's what it means to be an old soul? forever young but in a more complex way, practically timeless.
I like to let myself believe that I am Timeless. That my words, voice, smile; essentially everything i am, is going to stick around longer than just one short lifetime. In all actuality, I don't know how to stand out. I've been a wallflower my entire life. I prefer it that way nine point eight times out of ten, but that doesn't mean i don't want to make an impact in some form or another. Still trying to figure out how that'll eventually happen. This life of mine, its a work in progress.
So this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad, and I am still trying to figure out how that could be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

witty remarks